NOTICE RELATING TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- Prince Court Medical Centre Sdn Bhd (“PCMC”, or “we”, “our” or “us”) views personal data protection seriously. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) is issued pursuant to the requirements of Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). Please read this Notice carefully as it contains important information about how we process and use the personal data.
- Data subject (“you”, “your”) may have supplied and may continue from time to time, to supply us with your personal data (including sensitive personal data) and information (“data”) by use of our healthcare services or health-related services, enquiring about us or our services/ facilities, participating in our promotional activities, through business relations with us and/or for the compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by authorities.
- We do not collect any data unless you choose to provide that information to us through application form, registration form, feedback form, online registration or other social networking services such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Such data may include information concerning your personal details (such as name, age, gender, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, race, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, next of kin information, guarantor information, signature), contact details (such as address, email, phone numbers), medical information, payment details (such as credit card details and information of insurance, employer or your payor) and other information for legitimate purposes.
In addition, we may from time to time request for certain other personal information that may be relevant for the purpose of providing our services/ facilities to you.
If you fail to provide such data to us, this may cause us not being able to process your data for purposes set out in paragraph 5.
- If you do provide us your data, consequently, please be informed that the data and other information provided by you then and including any additional information you may subsequently provide later, may be used and processed by PCMC for the following purposes:-
- the processing of your applications for our services/ facilities, employment opportunities or business opportunities;
- the operation and administration of our services/ facilities provided to you;
- the processing of payment;
- to communicate with you including for purposes of making medical appointment;
- respond to your inquiries;
- assisting us in collection of amounts outstanding from unpaid bills/ due (if any);
- to support our business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making;
- updating your records;
- designing and offering services/ facilities for your use;
- marketing our services/ facilities and for our reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and
- related services/ facilities;
- research, statistical analysis and surveys in relation to our services/ facilities;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any laws binding on and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by authorities with which we or our holding companies, affiliates, representatives are expected to comply;
- for investigating, reporting, preventing or otherwise in relation to criminal activities generally;
- for any purpose required by law or regulation;
- for the purpose of enforcing our legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- for all ancillary purposes relating to the provision of our services/ facilities and/or
- purposes relating thereto or any other legitimate purposes.
- If you do not consent to the processing of your data, we cannot process your data for purposes set out in paragraph 5.
- Your data held by us will be kept confidential and we do not give or disclose your data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, please note that we may provide or disclose such information to the following parties (whether within or outside Malaysia) for the purposes set out in paragraph 5 (who may also subsequently process, transfer and disclose such data for the purposes set out in paragraph 5) :
- our employees
- medical professional, agent, contractor, vendor, or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, information technology, payment, securities, marketing, research or other services/ facilities to us in connection with our operation of business;
- financial institutions, insurers (including those overseas), employer, third party payor and credit card companies;
- third parties (including those overseas) who provide data processing services;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to PCMC who has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of PCMC’s rights or business; and/ or
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by authorities with which PCMC or our holding companies, affiliates, representatives are expected to comply.
In addition, we may give or disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to (a) comply with any law enforcement agency or authorities requirements, court order or legal processes; or (b) protect and defend the rights or property of PCMC.
- In relation to sub-paragraph 5.c) above, in the event of any default in payment where the amount in default is not fully repaid on or before the due date, we may give or disclose your data to debt collection agency, lawyer and/ or registered credit reporting agencies.
- We endeavor to take reasonable precautions to ensure that the data that we collect and/or process are accurately reflected in our systems in accordance with the details provided by you.
Therefore, the accuracy of the data depends to a large extent upon the information you provide. Kindly contact and inform us immediately if your data provided earlier to us have become incorrect, inaccurate or out-of-date. Our contact details are stated in paragraph 12 below.
- We retain data for as long as necessary for its legitimate business purposes, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- Under PDPA and subject to other prevailing laws, you may:-
- check whether we hold data about you and of access to such data;
- request us to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- request clarification on our policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of data held by us.
We have the right to charge a fee for the processing of any data access request.
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer at the following contact details if you would like to:-
- make any enquiry
- make any complaint
- request access of your data
- request correction of your data
- request us to cease processing your data; or
- otherwise relating to misuse or suspected misuse of your data.
The Data Protection Officer,
Prince Court Medical Centre Sdn Bhd,
39, Jalan Kia Peng,
50450, Kuala Lumpur,
E-mail Address: email@example.com
- If you do not want to be contacted by us for any event invitation and/or marketing materials, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may review and update this Notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law, changes in our business practices, procedures and structure, and the community’s changing privacy expectations. You should check this Notice occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version.
While it is not generally feasible to notify you of the changes to this Notice, the latest version of this Notice will be available on this page in our website, or you may contact us to obtain the latest version of this Notice.
Continued usage of our services / facilities is deemed your consent for us to collect, process and store the data in accordance with the above.